Latest figures from IDC show that revenue from public cloud infrastructure sales grew by almost 26 percent to $4.6 billion in the third quarter of 2015, beating private cloud infrastructure sales, which grew 18.8 percent.
Key stats include:
- Worldwide cloud IT infrastructure spend grew 23.0% to $7.6 billion in the third quarter.
- The overall share of cloud IT infrastructure sales climbed to 33.8% in 3Q15, up from 28.7% a year ago.
- Revenue from infrastructure sales to private cloud grew by 18.8% to $2.9 billion, and to public cloud by 25.9% to $4.6 billion.
- In comparison, revenue in the traditional (non-cloud) IT infrastructure segment decreased by 3.2% year over year in the third quarter, with declines in all three technology segments (server, storage and networking).
- All three technology markets showed strong year-over-year growth in both private and public cloud segments, with server experiencing the highest growth in private cloud at 24.3% and networking with the highest growth in public cloud at 37.8%. Public cloud spending on storage grew 26.7% year on year.
Search the Flexiant site here.