Easily deploy and manage next generation applications across multiple public and private clouds with Flexiant Concerto
London, UK – October 15, 2014 – Next generation applications are the next big cloud revenue generating opportunity for managed service providers and telcos. To service these apps, born in the cloud and for the cloud, service providers need to make the lives of next generation app developers easier by saving them time and allowing them to focus on their core business logic instead of repeatable operations. Flexiant today announces its latest solution, Flexiant Concerto, to deliver consistency and compatibility across multiple applications, cloud provider APIs, security profiles and storage environments.
Flexiant Concerto opens new multi-cloud revenue opportunities for managed service providers and telcos by offering a hosted platform that enables multi-cloud application lifecycle management (ALM) ideal for service providers wanting to help developers build next generation applications across multiple clouds.
“Cloud giants like Amazon, Google and Microsoft threaten the existence of service providers. That is, unless service providers position themselves wisely against these giants making use of the very technology that once threatened their business,” said George Knox, CEO, Flexiant. “Flexiant Concerto is the simple solution to multi-cloud workload management and portability that opens the door for service providers to embrace cloud giants, while serving the next generation app market.”
The release of Flexiant Concerto follows off the back of the acquisition of the Tapp multi-cloud management technology and business from Besol Sl in May this year. Acens, a Telefonica company, a former Tapp customer, selected Flexiant Concerto as part of its ongoing strategy to future proof in the cloud.
Daniel Ribaya, Director of Innovation and Marketing at Acens said, “After using Tapp for over two years, we evaluated the improvements Flexiant made to the multi-cloud application lifecycle management solution. We were pleased with the ease of use, the intuitive user interface and simplicity of managing the app lifecycle across multiple clouds. As part of our future-proofing strategy, we will continue to maximize the Flexiant technology.”
Flexiant Concerto removes the pain of managing multiple clouds whether it is a service provider’s own infrastructure or that of a trusted cloud service provider including Amazon Web Services, Cloudstack, Digital Ocean, IBM, Joyent, OpenStack, Rackspace or VMware (Microsoft Azure and Google from November 1, 2014) by automating the various processes involved. Its automated application stack enables consistency and portability across your clouds of choice. Key features include:
- Multi-cloud application blueprints – designed to make the process of configuring and managing an application as straightforward and streamlined as possible, throughout its lifecycle. Application stacks can be ported consistently and easily across multiple clouds via our intuitive interface.
- Application Aware Auto Scaling – Flexiant Concerto’s application aware auto scaling reallocates resources based on the responsiveness of the application itself in order to optimize the end user’s experience.
- Integrated Services – Flexiant Concerto integrates with best of breed software as a service (SaaS) partners including New Relic’s application performance monitoring, Boundary’s network monitoring, Sumo Logic log analysis and Mixpanel business intelligence.
- White Labelled Services – Flexiant Concerto can easily be white labelled for managed service providers and telco’s to take the hosted service to reach the developer community.
- Additional features include single pane of glass monitoring and management, DNS geo-localization providing minimal latency for global users, integrated DNS management, and load balancing.
Marco Meinardi, VP of Product at Flexiant continued, “Service providers need to look beyond optimizing cloud infrastructure just to host legacy apps. Instead, they need to serve the empowered developer community that is creating next generation apps, born in the cloud, for the cloud. This group of next generation app developers is the biggest opportunity for cloud service providers today. To capture this market, service providers can use Flexiant Concerto to offer a solution that consistently supports and simplifies the app management lifecycle across both their own cloud and other public clouds.”
Flexiant Concerto is available today. To learn more about Flexiant Concerto, visit www.flexiant.com/concerto.
Flexiant provides solutions aimed solely at helping service providers capture the cloud market opportunity. Its portfolio of solutions includes Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator and Flexiant Concerto. Since 2009 Flexiant has armed service providers with the solutions necessary to launch revenue generating cloud services quickly and easily.
Flexiant has been named a Gartner Cool Vendor in Cloud Management and received the Info-Tech Research Group Trendsetter Award for two consecutive years. Flexiant is a Gold Parallels Partner and a Dell certified technology partner. Customers include Brinksters, Computerlinks, FailProof Technologies and ThinkGrid Ceano, part of Colt Telecom. Flexiant is also a key participant in the EU’s Horizon 2020 program. For more information visit www.flexiant.com.