On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM, join us as we talk at the Chef Users London meet up. Our very own Javi Perez-Griffo will be explaining how Chef’s programmability helped them to create an elastic Apache Spark cluster as a service.
His discussion will focus on:
- How Chef-aided-Flexiant Concerto enabled Flexiant to create a Spark-as a-Service feature. This forthcoming feature will enable Flexiant Concerto customers to:
- Create Spark clusters in any of the supported cloud providers in Flexiant Concerto using its UI or CLI
- Elastically scale up or down Spark clusters using Flexiant Concerto’s auto-scaling feature
- How Chef helped Flexiant extend Chef functionality to do specific actions within Concerto:
- Demonstrate our custom LWRP (lightweight resource/provider) – see https://docs.chef.io/lwrp_custom_resource.html.
- Use the functionality to update firewall rules and obtain SSH keys
- Detect when Spark clusters changed and modify the Chef configuration. Chef automatically picks this up and converges the entire Spark setup to the new configuration – see https://github.com/jhotta/chef-fundamentals-ja/blob/master/slides/anatomy-of-a-chef-run/01_slide.md
Join us at the Chef Users London meet up!
Date and Time: Thursday July 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Where: Accenture, Plantation Place, 30 Fenchurch St, London EC3M 3BD (map)