Drum roll please….
Finally! The moment we’ve been waiting for. After:
- 2 months of beta testing;
- 155 bugs fixed and/or improvements completed;
- 1,587 cans of Irn Bru;
- Umpteen Pizzas;
- Too many late nights;
- 1 BBQ (that’s Scotland for you); and
- last but not least, our lead developer becoming a dad for the first time;
… the beta tag has finally been removed from FlexiScale 2.0. Many thanks to everyone who helped us test it – we are really pleased with how it’s progressed in the last few months.
Key new features include:
- A completely revised graphical user interface;
- A richer API for programmatic server control;
- Substantially reduced charges;
- Highly accelerated initial boot times;
- Virtual Data Centers to enable customers to organise their own array of servers;
- Ability for customers to attach, detach, resize, snapshot, image and clone virtual disks;
- Ability for customers to create their own servers from uploaded images; and
- VNC console support to diagnose boot or connectivity issues.
There is plenty of detailed information on these in related blog posts on it here, here, here & here, or on the website at www.flexiant.com. If you want to read the official announcement, it’s here.
If you have reported a bug we haven’t fixed or have requested a feature that hasn’t been implemented, we are not ignoring you. We have a long ‘to do’ list! Updates will continue to come out every week or two, and we expect to reveal a number of surprising new bits of functionality and features in the months to come.
Search the Flexiant site here.